The creative power of Digital STEAM
Pick up Autodesk design smarts to conquer Digital STEAM challenges—and stay a step ahead of digital-savvy students—in this free, two-hour online workshop for teachers. Completion time: 2 hours 10 minutes (not including optional 20-minute break between parts 2 & 3)
Getting Creative with Digital STEAM
[Total: 40 minutes]
- Explore how the arts interact with the sciences in STEAM education, giving students a global competitive advantage.
- Discover how digital media tools can reinforce Common Core and College and Career Readiness Standards.
- Apply project-based learning to make key lessons meaningful and memorable – and support new global education reform initiatives.
- Incorporate design thinking into classroom challenges to achieve better student results.
Defining your student design challenge
[Total: 30 minutes]
- Learn how to enrich lesson plans with digital media.
- Explore Autodesk Digital STEAM challenges and select one to complement your curriculum.
Enhancing teacher software skills
[Total: 60 minutes]
- Learn the basic purpose and classroom relevance of 9 professional Autodesk software programs.
- Acquire 5-10 key skills in selected Autodesk design software, including basic features, terminology, and commands.